Monday, October 15, 2012

Amigo's Story

Three days ago I acquired a white-faced owl.  It had been hit by a car the night before and ended up on the bonnet, rather dazed.  On examination it was found to have an injured left eye and a broken wing. 



It did not eat anything the first night.  I called it Amigo, after the Amigo Crisps box that it came in.  Amigo happens to mean "friend" in Spanish, which is a nice name for my new friend.

The following day my sister helped to put a cardboard splint on its broken wing.  That night I force-fed it with mincemeat.


Managed to force-feed Amigo again last night.  He is not looking too happy, but is still alive, and did manage to eat a fair amount, which is a hopeful sign.  I have no idea if he has any internal injuries from the accident.  Only time will tell.


No comments: