Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tula the owl, continued

A week after rescuing Tula the owl, she was still refusing to eat anything. I tried dead mice, small fish and mincemeat, but she showed no interest at all.


During the day she just sleeps.


And at night she desperately tries to get to get out of the cage.


I thought of releasing her, but she still shows some sign of damage to one eye, and when I picked her up she felt very light.


So two days ago I started force-feeding her with mincemeat. I managed to get some meat into her mouth, which she eventually swallowed, although she was far more interesting in attacking my hand with her sharp beak!

Yesterday I forced some more food into her, which she reluctantly swallowed. She seemed a bit weaker, although still vicious with her claws!


No comments: